Many freelancers, especially who are new in the business, feel stressed when it comes managing their freelancing business.
We often get questions from freelancers on how to get new clients, or how to manage more than one projects at a time.
Well, getting new clients is not a rocket science. However, you need to be a little more conscious.
There are certain things that you need to be careful about, like:
- Quality work
- On-time delivery
- Great communication
- Excellent customer service
We like to interact with people on different platforms and answer their questions.
In this blog, we have compiled a few of our answers to some questions that might help you as well.
Question: How do I start working as a freelancer?
Answer: Don’t take freelancing as a quick way to earn some extra bucks, instead see it as a full-time opportunity.
In recent past years, hundreds and thousands of people have started freelancing, and new numbers are adding in every single day.
Different researches say that In 30 years you will witness a revolution in the freelance industry. This is the high time you jump into this world.
As obvious, to start with you need a skillset. If you already have some skills that people are looking for, you can start selling your services right away.
If you don’t have any such skill, don’t worry, it’s never too late. You can learn a skillset that interests you.
The most important thing is, to be successful in your freelancing career, you need to do two things:
- Make a strategy
- Manage your work
A good strategy is very important whether you are working full time or as a freelancer.
In fact, I would say it is more important in freelancing. Don’t know how to make a strategy?
No worries. Read Stand out as a freelancer – Top 5 strategies.
Question: What is the best way to get clients as a new freelancer?
Answer: The most important thing in freelancing is to acquire clients. As new in freelancing, you need to set some standards.
These standards include, but not limited to:
- Honesty – like in any other matter, you need to be honest with your clients.
- Quality – Never compromise on the quality of work, no matter what.
- Deadline – Always submit your project within the deadline. The earlier the better, but it shouldn’t affect the work quality.
- Transparency – It helps you in making a good relationship with your clients. You can use Works to maintain transparency in your projects.
An important problem that many freelancers face is the management of their projects.
Using a good project management system helps you in overcoming this problem.
Question: How do I win the first bid on Freelancer and Upwork? I have tried to put 150+ bids in last two months, but I haven’t won even a single bid. Can anybody suggest some ideas that really work?
Answer: It could be due to many reasons. At first, you may need to do a few things. For instance,
- Review your profile. It is important, as the first impression is the last impression. You may need to do some fine tweaking.
- Don’t fill your profile with unnecessary information and make your skills and achievements prominent.
- Only apply to the jobs that match your skillsets.
- If you are applying randomly every job you come across, it will adversely affect your freelancing career in many ways.
- Recheck your proposal. It should state why you are a good fit for the job and features your best samples.
- Review the price you quote on your proposals. Too high or too low quoted prices may sometimes not work.
- It is better to learn to manage freelancer business pricing models.
Last but not the least, Try! Try! Try Again, and never lose hope.
Answer: Learning a skill that can help you in your freelancing career is not difficult anymore.
There are a number of online platforms that offer various courses that help individuals in learning new skills and improving the existing ones.
Moreover, many YouTube channels also offer educational videos from which you can learn a lot.
However, you first need to work out on your interest and find out the field you want to start freelancing in.
These websites have both paid and free courses.
In short, you can easily learn a new skill to start freelancing from the comfort of your home.
Answer: Freelancing is a great way to earn money. However, some people think that freelancers actually don’t need any skill or practice.
This is not correct.
Like any work, you need to work hard to get paid. No one is going to pay you for doing nothing.
First of all, learn a skill set or improve if you already have one.
Once you are done with it, start exploring ways to get clients who are looking for a person with your skill set to get something done.
Some online platforms like upwrok.com, freelancer.com, and fiverr.com provide an opportunity for freelancers to find good projects, work on them, and get paid.
You can also try various Facebook groups to get in contact with a client directly.
Once you know the ins and outs of your field, you can also start your website to win projects through clients directly and increase your income.
Freelancing is a wide sea and everyone who works hard with honesty and professionality, get his/her share constantly.
We always welcome freelancers and entrepreneurs to ask us questions, as it enables us to understand your concerns and address them.
If you have any questions or suggestions, comment below or message us on social media.